1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. As from 25th May 2018, the processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
We collect personal data on behalf of our clients, to operate our SmartGo and LocalGo schemes, to promote our services and from employees to operate our business. Here are some examples of personal information we may collect:
- Name and job title.
- Contact information including email address, postal address, or telephone number.
- Information which may be linked to an individual.
SmartGo (www.smartgo.co.uk) employers and staff members
- Contact information including email address and telephone number.
LocalGo (www.localgo.co.uk) employers and staff members
- Contact information including email address and telephone number.
2. Who are we?
Go Travel Solutions Ltd. (hereafter referred to as Go Travel Solutions) is a business consultancy that specialises in providing information and advice for sustainable transport. We are a private limited company and social enterprise, set up as a workers’ co-operative. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information during any of our projects, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Data Privacy Notice.
Go Travel Solutions is the data controller (contact details in section 10 below). This means it decides how personal data is processed and for what purposes. The company is registered with the Information Commissioners Office (IOC) and its registration reference is Z2327183
3. How do we process your personal data?
Go Travel Solutions complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by:
- Keeping personal data up to date.
- Storing and destroying it securely.
- Not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data.
- Protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate measures are in place to protect personal data.
Go Travel Solutions is a business that provides consultancy services for organisations and operates SmartGo (www.smartgo.co.uk) and LocalGo (www.localgo.co.uk) as membership schemes. Each of these products has its own Trademark under the ownership of Go Travel Solutions. The processes used for the services provided and SmartGo and LocalGo products vary and include the collection of personal data. In all instances these processes comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation
4. Why do we process personal data?
We collect personal information to inform specific projects and programmes. Typically, this may be to discover current transport trends, gaps in provision, potential uptake for transport incentivisation, or to identify suppressed transport demand or propensity for mode change.
This is done on behalf of our clients, project stakeholders and our own SmartGo and LocalGo products to:
- Improve the transport offer and related services.
- Establish current and future trends and requirements for transport provision.
- Understand your needs and provide you with better services.
- Undertake the management of the SmartGo and LocalGo schemes.
5. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- It helps to ensure that we have received explicit consent of the data subject to keep you informed about news, events, activities and services and process payments e.g. SmartGo membership.
- It is necessary for carrying out obligations under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement.
6. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the company and its data processors to carry out a service as part of our business activities. We will only share your data with third parties outside of Go Travel Solutions, where it is essential for the delivery of the service.
Any third parties with whom Go Travel Solutions will share the data and the reasons for doing so will be identified to the data subjects before any data collection.
7. How long do we keep your personal data and keep it secure?
We maintain and safeguard personal data if required for the undertaking of a task. Examples include:
- Providing personalised travel planning information as part of a travel survey.
- Membership of SmartGo and LocalGo.
- Applications for employment with Go Travel Solutions.
Where personal data is no longer required for the performance of a task within our business, it will be securely deleted six months after the requirement has ended i.e. six months after project / membership closure.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We will never share your personal information with third parties unless your consent has been provided. This will be undertaken in a secure manner and only where absolutely required by our project brief and with your prior consent. We require the upmost diligence and commitment to data security from our project partners, clients and service provides as is consummate with the relevant legislation.
8. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Go Travel Solutions holds about you.
- The right to request that Go Travel Solutions corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request your personal data is erased when it is no longer necessary for Go Travel Solutions to retain such data or six months after the closure of a project (whichever comes first).
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time. (This can be done by email or by post – see contact details below).
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with their personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller (known as the right to data portability). This only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data (where applicable).
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
9. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Statement, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
10. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact:
Go Travel Solutions Ltd.
Friars Mill100 Bath Lane
Leicester, LE3 5BJ
t: 0116 216 8326
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office
t: 0303 123 1113
11. Review of this Notice
This Data Privacy Notice was last updated in March 2023. The next review will be in March 2024.
GO Travel Solutions Ltd. is a private limited company (number 06619901)